I got (okay – stole) this blueberry vinaigrette recipe from my mother in law, who found it in the newspaper. I like any recipe that gives me an excuse to use my food processor! The balsamic chicken recipe is from an old shape magazine. I should have cooked the chicken longer – both Joe and i like our chicken pretty dry. It started to blacken the pan while i was cooking it tonight, and probably only cooked it for 15 minutes. Next time i would go for 20.
- 1 C fresh blueberries
- 1 t Dijon mustard (mmm…grey poupon!)
- 1 t brown sugar
- 1/4 C chopped onion
- 1/4 C red wine vinegar
- 1/4 C evoo
- 1/4 C water
- S + P to taste
- combine all the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- 1 1/2 t dried thyme
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1 t olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts (we used tenderloins tonight)
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 T honey
- Combine first 3 ingredients; sprinkle over both sides of chicken.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 7 – 8 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.
- Transfer chicken to a platter; keep warm. Reduce heat to medium-low; add vinegar and honey to pan. Simmer 3 min., or until glaze thickens; stirring constantly. Pour glaze over chicken.