130305 – Curried Chicken Salad
Making use of our leftover chicken from last night, and the remaining curry powder from making this dish a few nights ago (one of our staples that I finally know by heart). I won’t change a thing about the recipe below when I make it again.
- 1/2 C plain, whole-milk yogurt
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 T freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 1 T minced onion
- 2 t curry powder
- 2 t peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 C cooked, medium-dice roasted chicken
- 1/2 C small-dice sweet apple, such as Fuji
- 1/2 C toasted, unsweetened, shredded dried coconut
- 1/4 C raisins
- 3 T coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- flaky sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, curry powder, ginger, and onion in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients, season with salt and pepper to taste, and stir until evenly combined.