Filed under: BREAKFAST | Tags: almonds, appricots, dates, dried peaches, nuts, oats, raisins, sunflower seeds, wheat germ
This is now our go-to breakfast cereal. We’ve made an effort to eat less refined sugar lately and one of the biggest culprits in our diet has been our breakfast cereal even my seemingly healthy raisin bran packs a whopping 19 grams of sugar!!! I guess if I watched the Today Show, I would have noticed that earlier. Better late than never…
- 2/3 C wheat germ
- 1/3 C ground flax seeds (10 seconds in the coffee grinder – you get fiber with your morning Joe as a side benefit)
- 3 C old-fashioned oats (I always add more after mixing it all up, we just like it oatier)
- 1/3 C raisins
- 1/3 C chopped dates
- 2/3 C other dried fruit – I always use chopped dried apples and sometimes dried peaches or apricots
- 1/3 C hazelnuts (half or chopped)
- 1/3 C slivered almonds
- 1/3 C sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- In a big Tupperware type container (something you can mix then put a lid on to store), mix the wheat germ, flax, and oats (I add a teaspoon of cinnamon here as well).
- Mix in remaining ingredients, adding extra oats if you want.
- Our 2/3 C measure lives in the muesli for scooping in the morning and replenishing every couple of weeks!
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment