Super simple, hearty side dish. This accompanied an AMAZING (if i do say so myself) braised pork shoulder. The pork recipe was from the January issue of Bon Appetit, if you want to check that out. Sorry I didn’t take the time to photograph it. I swear it was super easy to make and looked just like the picture.
- 1 1/2 cups grits (not instant)
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 6 ounces sharp white Cheddar, shredded
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- Slowly sprinkle grist over 1 quart of boiling water.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until grits are tender and resemble a porridge, 15–20 minutes.
- Stir in butter and cheese until melted. Season with salt & pepper, and pass the Tabasco.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment