This was really easy, and nice because i had some broccoli pesto already made up to use in it, but I am not making it again. It was not that good. I was surprised. I really like broccoli, and i usually like Heidi’s recipes. This was just a little too plain. Even with the bells and whistles (avocado, feta, and slivered almonds). While mixing it all together, i taste tested and immediately tried to season it back to life. No avail.
- 4 C fresh broccoli florets
- 2/3 C broccoli rabe pesto
- 1/3 C buttermilk
- 1 C quinoa, rinsed
- 1/3 C slivered almonds
- 1 avocado, sliced
- slice of feta cheese
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa: combine quinoa and 3 C water in a medium saucepan and bring to boil. Simmer 15 min, remove from heat, drain excess water and set aside.
- Steam 4 C broccoli until just barely cooked.
- Heat pesto and stir in buttermilk to give a creamier consistency (use heavy cream if you prefer).
- Stir together quinoa, broccoli, and pesto in a large bowl/ serving dish. season with salt and pepper and serve garnished with almonds, feta, and avocado.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment