I had planned a 4 course dinner for our anniversary, but with moving out in 3 days, we are working on clearing out our fridge, not add to it. There was only one thing on the menu that used ingredients we already had, English Mint-Pea Soup. With it, I toasted one of my English muffins from the BBA Challenge this week.
chilled minty pea soup:
- 1 C low-fat buttermilk
- 2 C shelled peas, plus more for garnish
- 10 mint leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring buttermilk to a boil over medium heat. Add peas and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Puree in immersion blender with mint leaves and cool in the fridge (or freezer if in a time crunch) until chilled.
- Garnish with mint leaves and freshly ground pepper.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment