we were having our friend, Jeff over for dinner last night, and i wanted to make something relatively simple that would he would hopefully like. I think he did!
I cannot take total credit for these delicious quesadillas, however. I think the reason why these tasted 5 x better than last time is because of the tequila lime chicken marinade that Joe made.
- 1/4 C gold tequila
- 1/2 C freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 C orange juice
- 1/2 T chili powder
- 1/2 T minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 T minced garlic
- 2 t salt
- 1 t freshly ground black pepper
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (i know – tisk, tisk)
combine all ingredients in a large plastic bag and marinade in the refrigerator for 6 hours.
- 3 marinated chicken breasts
- 1 can black beans
- 2/3 C frozen corn kernels
- 1/3 C salsa
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 T evoo
- 1 T oregano
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese (i used a combo of Cabot sharp cheddar and the orange stuff)
- 10 8″ flour tortillas
- cook marinated chicken in a large skillet of over medium heat in a little bit of the marinate and 1 T of oil, then set aside.
- rinse out the skillet, heat up the remaining 1 T of evoo and saute the onion for about 2 minutes. Then add the corn for 2 minutes, then add the beans, cooked chicken, salsa, oregano, and brown sugar. let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Set the mixture aside in a large bowl, rinse out the pan (AGAIN) and heat the skillet over medium. Once it passes the sizzle test (a drop of water sizzles on the pan) melt 1/2 T butter to coat the pan. Place a tortilla in the pan, then spread out 1/5 of the mixture, some cheese, and cover with another tortilla. cook and flip until the golden brown on both sides.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment