This is the first recipe i have made with tofu. This is the second time i have made it. Tonight was better than the first time, but i would still make a couple changes. The quinoa, though a nice texture, is a little bland and should be cooked in veggie broth instead of water. Secondly, i would add maybe 1/3 C feta to add a little more salt.
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 cups spinach or other hearty green, finely chopped
- 2 cups extra-firm tofu, browned in a skillet a bit
- 1/3 cup spinach pesto (click for recipe)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- S + P to taste
- In a big skillet or pot heat the olive oil and salt over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and cook for a minute or two.
- Stir in the quinoa and corn and cook until hot and sizzling. Stir in the kale and then the tofu, cooking until tofu is heated through.
- Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the pesto and pumpkin seeds. Mix well so the pesto is spread throughout. Turn everything out onto a platter and top with the cherry tomatoes.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment