Ke•sa•dilla – a delicious meal that consists of black black bean filling and cheese sandwiched between two grilled flour tortillas. The most influential part of the dish, is the filling. Second most important is the method of cooking the tortilla. I used some leftover red bell pepper and green onion from the thai peanut curry chicken from last night. This recipe made 3 quesadillas. One for me, two for Joe.
- 2 T evoo
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2/3 C (roughly) red pepper, chopped
- 1 can black beans
- 1/4 t red pepper flakes
- 1/2 t oregano
- 1/4 C salsa
- 1 T brown sugar (essential!)
- 6 8″ flour tortillas
- 2 T butter, cut into 3 pieces
- 12 jalapeño slices, per preferences
- romaine lettuce, cut into thin strips
- 2 green onions, chopped for garnish
- heat oil in a large skillet and saute onion for a couple minutes.
- add red pepper for a minute, then black beans, oregano, salsa, red pepper flakes, and brown sugar. cook for 3 more minutes, until heated through.
- pour black bean mixture into a bowl and set aside (i left mine on the warming eye of the stove). rinse out the skillet, heat over medium and melt 1 piece of butter. add a tortilla, sprinkle evenly with cheese, add jalapeño slices, then one-third of the black bean mixture, and top with tortilla.
- cook until golden brown, then flip and cook the other side. serve with lettuce, green onion, and salsa.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment