Joe is going to KILL me for making two desserts in one day, but i had NO CHOICE. after i made a batch of Bradley muffins this afternoon to cure my chocolate craving, i still had half of a large can of pumpkin left. i also happened to have one can of condensed milk in the pantry (i don’t even know what else to use condensed milk for besides pumpkin pie), and buttermilk leftover in the fridge for the crust. so, what’s a good homemaker to do?
super-easy pie crust:
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 C buttermilk
- 1/4 C vegetable oil
- measure flour and salt. add milk and oil. stir only until dry ingredients are blended in.
- roll between 2 pieces of wax paper. remove top layer of wax paper and transfer crust into pie plate with bottom wax paper still intact and on top. remove wax paper from crust and shape edges as desired.
- refrigerate until ready to use.
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t ground cloves
- 1/2 t ground ginger
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 15 oz. canned pumpkin
- 12 oz. can condensed milk (well shaken)
- mix together sugar and spices, then add pumpkin and eggs. slowly incorporate condensed milk.
- pour into pie crust and bake at 425° for 15 minutes. lower oven temp to 350° and bake an addt’l 40-50 minutes, until it passes the toothpick test.
- let cool for 1 hour (to set) before serving.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment