finally! i remembered to make the dough yesterday! just judging by it’s elasticity (and taste- i LOVE raw dough) yesterday afternoon, i knew this was going to be my pizza ever. I resolved to bake the pizza for the dough, and not the toppings. So we only baked it 5 minutes, not long enough to brown the cheese. The first dough we baked had some spinach pesto sauce from last night’s dinner (of salad and crostini).
followed the recipe exactement: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/001199.html
I would like to emphasize the amportance of lots of semolina flour. in the past, we had used parchment paper to transfer the pizza into the oven, but using a semolina-covered cookie sheet was much better. we also had a little sangria with the pizza. my favorite recipe – my ex-roomates know it to be DELICIOUS.
- 750 ml red wine (cabernet sauvignon is good)
- generous 1/2 C cointreau
- generous 1/2 C peach brandy
- 1 lime, juiced
- i lemon, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 orange, lemon, and lime, sliced
- lemon – lime club soda
- stir together juice, booze, and wine in a pitcher then add fruit slices.
- add club soda directly to the glasses so that it doesn’t flatten in the pitcher.
- 1 10 oz package frozen spinach
- 2 C fresh spinach
- 4 cloves garlic, halved
- 1/3 C parmesan cheese
- 3 T olive oil
- 3-4 T walnuts
- 1 t fresh ground pepper
- 1 t salt
- mix together spinach, garlic, walnuts, half the olive oil, salt and pepper in a food processor.
- add parm and remaining olive oil until fully chopped. add more salt and pepper to taste. I used maybe a T of sea salt. keep refrigerated.
4 Comments so far
Leave a comment