oh la la! the first sign of spring. crepes and a spritz. the spritz’s are no longer around to photograph – sorry. they are a uphoric combo of 3/4 prosecco and 1/4 aperol. they are ‘supposed’ so include seltzer water, but i don’t bother.
the crepes are a simple recipe from ‘The Cook’s Companion’. cooking is simple in theory, but the first time i make them, i inevitably under cook the first one and fail to flip it without ripping. keep the oven heated to 25o and keep the first ones warm, while cooking the remaining batter. i sure wish we had nutella!
- 3/4 C all purpose flour
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/4 C milk
- butter for the pan
- mix flour and salt in a meduim bowl and create a well in the middle
- whisk together milk and egg in the flour well, gradually incorporating flour. then slowly whisk in remaining milk.
- let batter sit in fridge for 30 min before cooking
- heat in skillet to medium. when fully heated, melt a teaspoon of butter and pour just enough batter in to coat the pan.
- let it cook for at least 30 seconds – till the crepe begins to bubble away from the pan and steam a little bit.
- flip it and cook 20-30 more seconds on the other side.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment