ever since i sampled the guacamole at Oyamel in DC, made table-side with a mortar and pestle, i have been making my own at home and LOVING IT. it is so easy to make, and can be affordable when the avocados are in season.
i made the chips by slicing up some tortillas, brushing with evoo, sprinkling with sea salt, and broiling on each side on high for a minute.
- 2 ripe avocados (preferably Haas)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- approx 1/3 T FINELY chopped onion
- 1/2 C canned diced tomatoes, drained
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- S + P
- squeeze lime juice over avocado in small mixing bowl. Use a fork to crush the avocado.
- mix in remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste.
1 Comment so far
Leave a comment