this is secret family recipe material. it is SOOO good! it is one of joe’s recipes and this is the first time i have made it. unlike boxed mac n’ cheese, it actually tastes good the next day! I used some nice sharp Cabot cheese (we usually buy store brand but it was on super sale) and i think that added a lot to it. Next time i might use a tad more Worcestershire sauce.
- 2 C elbow macaroni
- 2 C skim milk
- 2 T corn starch
- 6-8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 1/2 t Worcestershire sauce
- S+P to taste
- cook macaroni in pot of boiling water 1 min less than indicated, then preheat oven to 350°
- in a small saucepan, whisk together milk and corn starch, turn to medium heat and continually whisk until it begins to bubble
- take milk off the heat, stir in cheese, Worcestershire, and s+p.
- mix together pasta and sauce in baking dish and cook for 12-15 min in preheated oven.
3 Comments so far
Leave a comment