these were good and EASY! i had half a container of rocotta left over from the baked giagantoni i made last week. i also just so happened to have 12 lasagna noodles left over. we happened to have a bag of frozen spinach on hand, and in the interest of pizza night, we ALWAYS have plenty of mozzarella in our fridge.
i usually shy away from cream sauces, but i used skim milk for this and it tasted great and was an essential part of the dish.
- 1 1/4 C SKIM milk
- 4 t flour
- 2 T butter
- salt and pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- melt butter on med-low in a saucepan, add flour and whisk for 3 minutes.
- whisk in milk, and continually whisk at med-high heat until bubbling. add spices and remove from heat.
- 14 oz. part skim rocatta cheese
- 1 C parmesan cheese
- 10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and drained (i rinsed the frozen spinach with cool water to speed up the thawing process)
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 t salt
- 1/2 t fresh ground black pepper
- 2 C marinara sauce
- 1 C mozzarella
- preheat oven to 450°. bring large pot of (lightly) salted water to boil and cook 12 lasagna sheets 1-2 min less than the package suggests.
- make the sauce and pour into 13 x 9 x 3 inch baking dish
- in a med bowl, mix together egg, ricotta, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and spinach.
- spread 3 T of ricotta mixture over one lasagna noodle, curl up from the end and place seam down in the sauce.
- cover with 1 C of marinara and 1 C mozzarella, then bake covered for 20 min in preheated oven. remove foil and bake for 12-15 more min, until cheese begins to brown.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment