this was originally intended to be an omnivorous dish, with pepperoni, but i left think it was very tasty without. The way i made the recipe it should yield 1 (big) dinner and two lunches for two active people. It took a little while to cook, but there is so little prep time that i got in 20 miles on the trainer while making dinner!
- 1/2 package of gigantoni (or ziti)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1 24 oz. jar pasta sauce
- 1 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- dash of red pepper (probably 1 t)
- 18 oz. part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 C mozzarella cheese
- combine sauce, diced tomatoes, onion, garlic and pepper in medium saucepan and simmer for 1 hour.
- cook pasta al dente according to directions, drain, and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- preheat oven to 350° and combine cooked pasta with ricotta cheese, 1/2 C mozzarella, and 1/2 of sauce in a baking dish. Top with remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- bake for 30 min. and let cool for 10 (perfect time to make side salad).
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment