this soup is so easy and so good! AND it is healthy – it has an A rating on calorie-count.com!
thanks to jaymee for the bread. the extra chickpeas not used in the soup were great on the salad with some tomatoes and cheese (feta for joe, bleu for me).
- 3 C chicken broth
- 1 C chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 C barley
- 1 C carrot juice
- 2 C chopped carrots (or a little more)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 T parsley (to garnish)
- 2 T parmesan (to garnish)
- bring broth to a boil in large saucepan.
- add carrot juice, barley, and chickpeas and simmer for 15 minutes.
- add carrots and return to simmer for 10 minutes
- use immersion blender to chop carrots to desired chunkiness (i like about 2 minutes).
- dish up soup and garnish with parm and parsley.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment