this is joes recipe 100%. he has made broccoli and garlic sauce at least 30 times and tried a dozen different recipe, taking the best from each one. we love to eat this over brown rice from our ancient Panasonic rice cooker, and with our FAVORITE vegetarian spring rolls from Giant.
- nearly 2 lbs broccoli tops, trimmed
- 1/2 C beef broth (i use 1/4 bouillon cube + water)
- 2 T chili garlic sauce
- 4T soy sauce
- 1 T brown sugar
- 2T rice vinegar
- 1t fresh grated ginger
- 1T corn starch
- in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil.
- add chili garlic sauce, ginger, vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce.
- saute broccoli in 1 T sesame oil for about 10 minutes.
- about 5 minutes before adding sauce to broccoli, whisk in corn starch.
- add sauce to broccoli and let simmer till broccoli meets your desired crunchiness (about 10 minutes)
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment