here is a recipe i adapted form allrecipes.com. this is one of our ‘old favorites’. i have probably made it a dozen times over the year and a half that we have been married – and i am highly hesitant to make the same thing twice. this time we had a lot of mushrooms sitting in the fridge so i added three. i have found that they are a nice filler in most meat dishes and absorbed the flavor well. they also add a lot of liquid, so i did not need to add the 1/2 C of water that the original recipe called for.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 C fat free plain yogurt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 1 (14oz) can enchilada sauce (we like medium spicy)
- 3/4 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium, non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook chicken until no longer pink and juices run clear. Drain excess fat. Cube the chicken and return it to the skillet. Add the onion, sour cream, Cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano and ground black pepper. Heat until cheese melts. Stir in salt, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, green pepper and garlic.
- Roll even amounts of the mixture in the tortillas. Arrange in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Cover with taco sauce and 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment