I am becoming wary that a batch of bread a week is going to be too much for two skinny jenkins….
luckily, thanks to some friends in the BBA Challenge, this week i found a way to use a little extra Anadama bread and complete one of the recipes on my 100 dish list. Thank you Rebeca! This was easy and delicious!
- 5 slices day-old bread (approx 4 C when torn into pieces)
- 1 1/2 T butter, melted
- 1/2 C raisins
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 C SKIM milk
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t orange juice (or zest if available)
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1 t vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place bread pieces into an 8 inch (sq or round) baking pan, drizzle with melted butter, and sprinkle with raisins.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, orange juice, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped, and a knife comes out clean.
1 Comment so far
Leave a comment