there is one thing that joe does not eat. well, one food category, really, and that is SEAFOOD. not even the smell of it. i happen to LOVE fish, so whenever he goes away for work, or i have the opportunity, i make FISH. i grew up eating a lot of salmon, so that is usually the first thing that comes to mind. this marinade was great and the meal went well with a side of parmesan couscous.
the veggie side dish is a specialty of my uncle Tom (also a lasagna expert). the only addition i made was baby portabello mushrooms (i snuck in another thing joe isn’t terribly fond of).
- 1 large red onion, julienne cut
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 T olive oil
- 4-6 C spinach (tons of spinach – i just kept adding it as it cooked down)
- 1 C sliced baby portabello mushrooms
- 2 T capers
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into halves and quadrants
- 1/2 C feta cheese
- heat oil in a large saucepan and add onion and garlic. saute till soft.
- add spinach and mushrooms and cook down till the spinach is wilted.
- add tomato and capers. cook another couple minutes, then add feta, turn off heat, and cover to soften the cheese.
- 1 T ketchup
- ground ginger
- 1 t salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 T soy sauce
- marinade salmon for an hour or two in the fridge then grill till browning on each side.
2 Comments so far
Leave a comment